It is the policy of Reliant Notary Services (RNS) to limit the collection and safeguard the privacy of personal information collected or maintained by RNS. The information management practices conform to the requirements of the Information Practices Act (Civil Code Sections 1798, et seq.), the Public Records Act (Government Code Sections 6250, et seq.), Government Code Sections 11015.5 and 11019.9, and other applicable laws pertaining to information privacy.
RNS follows these principles in collecting and managing personal information:
· We collect personal information on individuals only as allowed by law. We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of RNS. For example, we may need to know someone's address, telephone number and social security number, among other things, to properly identify and input the information for a Live Scan process. Personal information, as defined in the Information Practices Act, is information that identifies or describes an individual including, but not limited to, name, Social Security number, physical description, home address, home telephone number, education, financial matters, and medical or employment history.
· We collect e-mail addresses to fulfill Subscription Requests. We use an individual’s email address to send them subscription materials, e.g. newsletters; they have elected to receive via our website. They may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time. We will not give or sell email addresses to third parties.
· We do not collect home, business, or account information from persons who simply browse our website. RNS only collects personal information about individuals through our website if an individual provides such information to RNS voluntarily.
· We collect some information automatically when you visit our website. The information that RNS automatically collects includes the domain name or Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine used to access RNS’s website, the type of browser and operating system used, the date and time when the website is visited, and web pages displayed.
· We use Google Analytics to help improve our website. RNS uses Google Analytics to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved. For your convenience a link to Google's security and privacy policies is provided. You can choose not to have your data used by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on.
· We use session cookies on our website. Whenever someone visits our website, a small piece of information called a cookie can be sent to their computer. The main purpose of a cookie is to identify and customize webpages for them. For example, cookies are used by some sites to greet you personally, to post a list of your favorite books to purchase, to remember what you had in your shopping basket the last time you visited. We may place and later retrieve cookies that identify you and your computer to our website. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity on our website.
· We strive in each instance to tell people who provide personal information to RNS the purpose for which the information is collected. At the time of collection, we also strive to tell persons who are asked to provide personal information about the general uses that we may make of that information.
· We only use or disclose personal information for the specified purposes, or purposes consistent with those purposes, unless we get the consent of the subject of the information, or unless required by law or regulation or through a valid request from law enforcement.